navigation bar

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 7, 2012

My Favorite Slipcovered Sofa

I have to share one of my FAVORITE budget friendly finds!  The Ektorp Slipcovered collection from IKEA.

  Source: Country Living

Ektorp sofa with white Slipcover from Ikea Source:  Ikea

PB Basic Sofa from:  Pottery Barn

If you are like me, and like things that look great, wear well and are easy on the budget then you will love this.  Having a house filled with boys (and their friends) I did not want to spend a lot of money on my furniture knowing that in a few years no matter how much I spent it would most likely get trashed.  I took a chance on the Ektorp collection from Ikea.  The sofa looks very similar to many popular slipcovered sofa's on the market but at a fraction of the cost.

The slipcovers come in a heavy denim or a linen type material.  I have the khaki colored denim slipcover and have washed it several times.  It still looks great!  However, I do not put the slipcover in the dryer.  I always lay it out on the patio to dry.

 If you are not keen on the slipcovers Ikea offers you can check out Comfort Works or Bemz and order a custom cover.  These companies make slipcovers that fit all the Ikea furniture.  The styles range from a loose shabby chic cottage fit to a more tailored fit.



So, the bottom line.... After 3 years of use I still really like my Ektorp furniture.
Way to go Ikea!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment